- 2 x low carb meals
- 2 x high carb meal.
- The high carb meals will be eaten 45-60 minutes before and after workouts or the 30 minute activity each day.
- The other 2 meals can be spread throughout the day.
- You will drink 4 to 6 glasses of water and healthy fluids ( Teas + Cofee )
- You will eliminate as many of the 3 elimination foods as possible
- You will try and drink my Dr. Juice green juice as found in the recipe section.
WHAT IS A LOW OR HIGH CARB MEAL?
Low Carb Meal =
- 1 Portion of Protein ( Eggs, Lean Meats, Fish Etc )
- 1 Portion of Veggies ( Mix Veggies works well )
- 1 Portion of Healthy Fats ( Avocados, Olive Oil, Raw Nuts etc )
High Carb Meal is =
- 1 Portion of Protein
- 1 Portion of Veggies
- 1 Portion Complex Carbs ( Yams, Sweet Potato, Oats )
WHAT IS A PORTION
For the quick start guide we use the simple 'Hand, Palm, Fist' method.
- One Portion Protein = Palm Size of Meat x 2 ( 1 Palm for Females )
- One Portion of Veggies = 2 Fists ( 1 Fist for Females )
- One Portion of Fats = 2 Thumbs ( 1 Thumb for Females )
- One Portion of Complex Carbs = 2 Cupped Hands or One Fist ( Cupped hand for females ). For example if you are eating Oats it will be two cupped hand but if you are eating a sweet potato it will be one fist size sweet potato . For females it is 1 Cupped hand or half a fist .
SO WHAT DOES A MEAL LOOK LIKE? ( This examples uses my own portion sizes which is for a male )
- Low Carb Meal = 2 chicken breasts with two cups of veggies and 1/3 Avocado
- High Carb Meal = Fish, 1 medium Sweet Potato and 2 cups of salads or veggies.
WHEN TO EAT YOUR MEALS
- High Carb Meals should be eating before and after workouts or your daily activity
- Low Carb Meals will be spread throughout the day.
- DR.Juice can be taken at any stage during the day.